Gucci Mane No Longer on Atlantic Records


Update
: Gucci's lawyer Thomas Reynolds confirmed that this is NOT true and all contracts surrounding Gucci Mane and 1017 Records are still intact; the label partnership with Atlantic, Gucci’s personal deal with Atlantic, Brick Squad Monopoly’s status as a subsidiary to 1017, and Young Thug’s contract as a 1017 artist.
Gucci Mane is no longer in business with Atlantic Records. “He’s not with Atlantic anymore,” an anonymous former rep tells FADER exclusively over email. Atlantic has kept Gucci on a long leash since inheriting his 1017 Brick Squad imprint from Warner last year. In June, Gucci told FADER: “I’m basically an independent label with 1017 Brick Squad. I handle all my day to day business. The entire Trap House 3 album—I paid for every beat on that CD. I paid for every mix session, every mastering session. All the promotion, all the videos, any kind of promotional visual or any servicing of records it was funded by me and my company independently.” It’s not clear when, or on what terms the partnership between Gucci and Atlantic was terminated. “Not sure how the deal ended, it may have been a time thing,” says the rep.


via TheFADER

No comments:

Leave Your thoughts below

Powered by Blogger.